Test results of partman with libparted1.8

I have compiled partman-base and partconf against libparted1.8 from
experimental to see if I could reproduce the issues Otavio has been
seeing.

Initially it appeared that partman worked well in vmware (i386), until I
tried setting up a system using LVM. After setting up LVM, the main
partman screen failed to show the LVM volumes.

I have traced this to parted_devices, which only lists the vmware SCSI
disk(s) but fails to list the LVM volumes, even though 'dmsetup info'
does show them and the syslog also indicates that they were created
correctly.

parted_devices uses ped_device_probe_all() to list available devices.

Cheers,
FJP