Re: usplash in desktop task?

On Wednesday 09 May 2007 01:17, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> A hacker has the need knownledge to change his/her system to fulfill
> the needs _after_ it gets installed or using the expert mode and
> selection what'll be installed.
>
> If we'll start to use the hackism way of doing things while selecting
> what's being installed by default I would then choose dwm (instead of
> GNOME) and add some SCMs too ;-)

That is why I don't have any real objection to installing it if the
desktop task is selected, but would not like to see it installed for
other installations.

After all, you can also turn this around: if a user is smart enough to
install his software (including desktop environment) manually, he can
also be expected to be smart enough to install usplash if he wants it.