RE : Re: Problems to install Debian on Sparcstation5 (debug)

--- Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> a écrit :

> (Please always reply to the mailing list, not to
> individual people.)

> system"
> problems
> taskel-data,
> > >
> > > Please provide the syslog (gzipped!) for the
> > > installation for these
> > > issues.
>
> I see only one error in this log:
> May  4 09:31:41 debootstrap: Setting up wget
> (1.10.2-2) ...
> May  4 09:31:51 debootstrap: gzip: stdin: invalid
> compressed data--crc
> error
> May  4 09:31:51 debootstrap: gzip: stdin: invalid
> compressed data--length
> error
> May  4 09:31:52 debootstrap:
> install-info(/usr/share/info/wget.info):
> May  4 09:31:53 debootstrap: dpkg: error processing
> wget (--configure):
> May  4 09:31:53 debootstrap:  subprocess
> post-installation script returned
> error exit status
>
> I do not see any dependency problems.
>
> It looks like the package that was retrieved is
> corrupt in some way. I
> very much doubt that the package on the Debian
> mirror is corrupt,
> although you could try installing using a different
> mirror.
>
> I think you are installing from the network on a
> system with fairly little
> memory. IMO the most likely causes for the problems
> are:
> - the installer is running out of memory during
> installation which results
> in these errors
> - your system has a hardware problem (memory?) that
> results in these
> somewhat random errors
> - the packages somehow get corrupted during
> download, possibly because of
> a bug in the network driver

I agree you the fairly little memory is a problem  so
I would like to use the Sarge installer instead of the
Etch .  But either scsi module is different from the
kernel revision loaded (esp) or the sunlance module
can not be loaded.

http://ftp.at.debian.org/debian/dists/sarge/main/installer-sparc/current/images/sparc32/netboot/2.6/

D-i use kernel 2.6.8-2

http://ftp.at.debian.org/debian/dists/sarge/main/debian-installer/binary-sparc/Packages.gz

Package: scsi-common-modules-2.6.8-3-sparc32-di
kernel-version: 2.6.8-3-sparc32

http://fr.answers.yahoo.com