Re: [directfb-users] Problem with Czech keymap

Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:
> clone 342053 -1
> retitle -1 Input driver linux_input crashes on some PPC machines
> tags -1 upstream
> thanks
>
> Ville Syrjälä ha scritto:
>>> I've been working for a couple of years now with DFB inthe context of
>>> developing the graphical debian installer and, at current date,
>>> linux_input is the DFB component which is causing us most severe
>>> headaches.
>>>
>>> Most severe issue we found is linux_input crashing on some PPC
>>> machines [1], this force us to switch to keyboard and ps2mouse
>>> drivers depending on specific hardware, which adds complexity to the
>>> installer and prevents us from switching to an unique input driver
>>> for all i386, amd64 and ppc.
>>
>> BTW it would make sense to re-test the crash cases. Many ioctl arguments
>> were incorrect. It was spotted by Sakur here:
>> http://mail.directfb.org/pipermail/directfb-dev/2007-April/002961.html
>>
>> I pushed the fix some time ago:
>> http://git.directfb.org/?p=core/DirectFB.git;a=commit;h=47d97462a08240236683b4cc3aa77c66bd8ca241
>>

> I'm cloning bug 342053 to a specific bugreport about linux_input
> crashing on some PPC machines: i should have done this before to
> distinguish from the case a crash occours because of video hardware
> acceleration.
>
> The patch Ville applied upstream should be backported to dfb 0.9.25 and
> a test gtk-miniiso built to see whether this patch fixes the bug or not.
>
> Unluckily, i cannot do this test myself because i own no PPC hardware:
> so it would be nice if a PPC owner among those who reported a crash [1]
> with PPCs could perform this check and report results.

Once at every two weeks I have access to the PowerBook I brought with me in January 2006 in Spain.
Also, until Sunday, next week I will also have access to it. Please announce when everything is set for a test and
provide an image and I will test.

--
Regards,
EddyP