Re: [directfb-users] Problem with Czech keymap

clone 342053 -1
retitle -1 Input driver linux_input crashes on some PPC machines
tags -1 upstream
thanks

Ville Syrjälä ha scritto:
On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 11:25:34AM +0200, Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:
Christian Schaubschlaeger ha scritto:
You're right, i was confusing the deadkeys bug, which is gtkdfb related,
with this other one, which is dfb related.
Anyway, we never succeeded in addressing this specific issue :(
I see. Are there any known workarounds for this? I guess I'm not the
only one who wants to use keymaps other than us... I tried using
linux_input as inputdriver instead of dfb-keyboard, but that
does not help unfortunately.
I've been working for a couple of years now with DFB inthe context of developing the graphical debian installer and, at current date, linux_input is the DFB component which is causing us most severe headaches.

Most severe issue we found is linux_input crashing on some PPC machines [1], this force us to switch to keyboard and ps2mouse drivers depending on specific hardware, which adds complexity to the installer and prevents us from switching to an unique input driver for all i386, amd64 and ppc.

BTW it would make sense to re-test the crash cases. Many ioctl arguments
were incorrect. It was spotted by Sakur here:
http://mail.directfb.org/pipermail/directfb-dev/2007-April/002961.html

I pushed the fix some time ago:
http://git.directfb.org/?p=core/DirectFB.git;a=commit;h=47d97462a08240236683b4cc3aa77c66bd8ca241

I'm cloning bug 342053 to a specific bugreport about linux_input crashing on some PPC machines: i should have done this before to distinguish from the case a crash occours because of video hardware acceleration.

The patch Ville applied upstream should be backported to dfb 0.9.25 and a test gtk-miniiso built to see whether this patch fixes the bug or not.

Unluckily, i cannot do this test myself because i own no PPC hardware: so it would be nice if a PPC owner among those who reported a crash [1] with PPCs could perform this check and report results.

regards

Attilio

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/GUIPowerPC