Re: Problem to install etch on sparc32

On Monday 30 April 2007 22:59, harry gaillac wrote:
> I've tried to update sarge to etch on a sparc32
> station (esp module) without success because of some
> problems in initramfs-tools !

Which probably means that you did not read the Release Notes?
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/sparc/release-notes/ch-upgrading.en.html#s-missingdrivers

> I downloaded this file for installing etch from the
> net.
> http://people.debian.org/~stappers/d-i/images/daily/sparc32/netboot/2.6
>/boot.img But the installatoin fail at "install the base
> system".

You'll have to provide the syslog of the installation if you want an
answer to that. But I would advise to use an Etch image instead of a
daily image:
http://www.debian.org/releases/etch/debian-installer

Cheers,
FJP