About the "Improving Debian Installer Usability" GSoC proposal

Dear D-I team,

I'm proposing an idea for the GSoC about Improving the Debian Installer
Usability[1]. I know the d-i is very good technically, but it must be
more usable (talking about human factors).

The goal of the idea is to perform an usability analysis (through user
test and/or any other tools) and propose changes with patches. Maybe,
very specific objectives could only be established within the process.

What would be the technical required skills for the student?
(programming languages and so on)

Although I put the idea in the wiki without asking here first, I don't
want this be isolated from the debian-installer team's work.

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2007/DebianInstallerUsability

Yours,

Santiago Ruano Rincón