Re: D-I RC2 images available for testing

On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 05:25:50PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Le Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 04:05:09PM +0100, Frans Pop a écrit :
> >
> > For all architectures, except for m68k, installer and CD/DVD images of
> > what is going to be D-I RC2 are now available for testing. RC2 is
> > scheduled to be the D-I release shipped with Etch.
> >
> > Netboot, floppy and hd-media images are available from:
> > http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/dists/etch/main/installer-<arch>/rc2/images/
> >
> > CD/DVD images are available from:
> > http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/
>
> Dear D-I team,
>
> I wanted to give a try to the RC2 installer, and found a gtk image for
> powerpc64 in the ftp.nl site. This image does not work (crash of the
> graphical interface during startup), but in the end, I am wondering if
> it was supposed to work at all, or if it is there because the iso is
> built automatically on each platform.

What hardware are you using ? I suppose the iMac G5 has nvidia graphics, right
? Can you provide an lspci output of it ?

We started an effort last year to get things working on powerpc, but for
reasons you can imagine, i was forced to not pursue this, and so ...

There was a wiki page somewhere, mayb e Attilio or Eddy can give you the link,
it would be good to add your hardware there, and do a followup on those tests,
and see why directfb/directfb-gtk is failing on this hardware.

Friendly,

Sven Luther