Re: D-I RC2 images available for testing

Hello Charles,

On Wednesday 14 March 2007 09:25, Charles Plessy wrote:
> I wanted to give a try to the RC2 installer, and found a gtk image for
> powerpc64 in the ftp.nl site. This image does not work (crash of the
> graphical interface during startup), but in the end, I am wondering if
> it was supposed to work at all, or if it is there because the iso is
> built automatically on each platform.

This is exactly the reason why the graphical installer is not included on
CD images: there are too many cases on the powerpc platform where it does
not yet work.
See [1] for an overview of what we know to (not) work.

> I then wanted to test RC2 from www.debian.org, but could not decide
> between the daily and weekly builds. Also, I think that I remember that
> RC1 was available separately from the daily/weekly built images, but I
> can not find RC2...

The reason you cannot find separate images is because RC2 is not yet
released. When it is and the final RC2 images have been built, we will
add separate links to them. Currently available images are for testing
that RC2 _is_ ready to be released.

> I would like to check if everything is OK on iMac G5, which image shall
> I use ?

That is very welcome. The mail you responded too is correct: use any CD
image linked from the D-I project page (both daily and weekly), use the
link given in the mail for "other images".

Cheers,
FJP

[1]http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/GUIToDo#head-fa668fd9c7b4c31a91f90019b6133be37ab31fda