Re: D-I RC2 - Status and schedule - Post-Etch development

On Sunday 04 March 2007 11:24, Steve Langasek wrote:
> OOI, are any of these dates fixed by calendar considerations?  E.g.,
> even if we get all the udebs in tomorrow, the debian-installer upload
> won't happen until the 9th because that's the first chance anyone will
> have?
>
> I'm sure the release/ftp teams will happily do whatever possible to
> move things forward ahead of schedule, even if it's just to give you
> more slack elsewhere in the schedule.

I doubt a very much faster procedure would be possible. As I've said
before, syncing things to testing and doing the builds just takes time,
partly because of the manual actions involved.
This schedule already assumes that Jeroen and James will respond promptly
to sync and byhand requests.
I intend to follow up on things as fast as possible, but I also don't
think it is a good idea to skip final testing.