Re: preseed network-console

On Saturday 24 February 2007 22:01, Robert Millan wrote:
> Well, I suppose it doesn't harm to implement that post-etch.  There
> will be an "etch-support" udeb, right?

A *-support udeb will only be needed when there are changes in d-i that
make the lenny installer incompatible with etch. The *-support udeb
allows you to add workarounds for the incompatibilities.
For sarge the changes that made sarge-support necessary were:
- integration of base-config in D-I
- huge changes in the kernel including the udev/initrd-generator changes

I doubt we will see such changes very soon for etch/lenny.