Re: D-I RC2 - Intermezzo -- Hint requests

On Sat, Feb 17, 2007 at 01:46:22AM +0000, Clive Menzies wrote:
> On (16/02/07 21:56), Frans Pop wrote:
> > On Friday 16 February 2007 21:07, Frans Pop wrote:
> > > As testing is currently unusable anyway, I've decided to start the
> > > migration of udebs to testing, as a slow preparation for RC2.

> I may be talking nonsense but would it make sense to advise people to
> install sarge and then upgrade to etch until RC2?

No.

- Lots of new hardware doesn't work with sarge but does work with etch.
- Installing sarge gives us no testing of the installer that we're going to
  be releasing.
- There's plenty of information pointing people to sarge already, if a user
  is looking for etch specifically, we want to be able to help them install
  it directly.

Cheers,