Re: Extending accessibility support in D-I for Lenny

Attilio Fiandrotti, le Wed 14 Feb 2007 14:47:43 +0100, a écrit :
> >>I'd like also to point out that the graphical installer is pure GTK+, no
> >>GNOME components are present inthe instaler: would ORCA still apply in
> >>such an environment?
> >

> >Orca peeks information from GTK+ widgets via atk, gnome is not involved
> >here.
>
> I was referring to those libgnome-speech3 and python-gnome2
> dependancies, which in turn bring in other packages part of gnome: are
> they really required or it's possible accessing directly lower level
> libraries like festival ?

Ah, that's another issue: GTK+ widget use atk for exporting information
in AT-SPI. For transferring that information to Orca, AT-SPI uses
bonobo (KDE people would like to replace that with dbus in the future).
There comes the gnome dependency. Now, for outputting speech, Orca has
drivers for gnomespeech and emacspeak. It doesn't seem to have a direct
driver for festival or speech dispatcher. I'm Ccing Willie for getting
his opinion on the issue.

Samuel