Re: website suggestion

On Saturday 23 December 2006 15:00, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Saturday 23 December 2006 20:41, Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:
> > I have recently tried the Etch RC1 image available on
> > http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/ . I found that mouse
> > (touchpad) on Dell Inspiron E1505 does not work with this installer. I
> > wanted to report the bug but could not find against which package I
> > should report problems with the installer. I think it is
> > debian-installer but I am not sure though. It would be helpful to put
> > the information about against which packages a bug should be filed in
> > case of problems with the installer.
>
> The page you refer to already suggests to file an installation report and
> has a link to instructions how you can do that.

Ok. I searched the page for the word bug and could not find it.
Also, I thought installation report is something that would be filed after the
_completely finishing_ the installation and not if you abort in the middle.
My bad.

> If you use a daily built image instead of RC1 your touchpad should work
> (though maybe not 100% optimal yet).

thanks. Will try it out!

raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/

Online Business Degree Programs
Seach for online degree programs available today. Advance your life!
http://tags.bluebottle.com/fc/BgLEQfIzYn1lW8JMHDCayKVPB0MBxyeKdQD4/