Re: website suggestion

On Saturday 23 December 2006 20:41, Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:
> I have recently tried the Etch RC1 image available on
> http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/ . I found that mouse
> (touchpad) on Dell Inspiron E1505 does not work with this installer. I
> wanted to report the bug but could not find against which package I
> should report problems with the installer. I think it is
> debian-installer but I am not sure though. It would be helpful to put
> the information about against which packages a bug should be filed in
> case of problems with the installer.

The page you refer to already suggests to file an installation report and
has a link to instructions how you can do that.

Also, your issue is a known issue documented in the errata for RC1
http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/errata
which is also linked from the same page.

If you use a daily built image instead of RC1 your touchpad should work
(though maybe not 100% optimal yet).

Cheers,
FJP