Re: miboot-floppies (powerpc oldworld) for sarge

Hi Sven,

On Dec 20, 2006, at 2:16 AM, Sven Luther wrote:

What is really needed is for confirmation with the current kernels that :

  1) miboot booting works (or not).

  2) bootx booting works (or not).

  3) quik booting works (or not).

Rick, you have been rather active in this, could i ask you to make a survey with the current 2.6.18 kernels in both etch and testing, and tell us what works and what doesn't. And file a bug report against the kernel packages
(linux-2.6, title prefaced [powerpc,oldworld]).

Items 1 and 2 are on my list. I hope to get to them before Friday. Item 3 (quik) is more problematical. I also run MacOS-9 on my OldWorld test machine, and quikis incompatible with that.

I'll look thru the junk box and see if I can find parts to cobble together a "quik" test box, but I'm not guaranteeing anything, and I don't know how long it will take if I do succeed.

To make sure I have it right: Bug reports (or success reports!) should have
	Package: linux-2.6
as the first line, and should have
	Subject: [powerpc,oldworld]
in the email headers.