Re: [directfb-dev] [g-i] Problems with linux_input module and SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad

Frans Pop wrote:
On Sunday 10 December 2006 12:28, Frans Pop wrote:

On Sunday 10 December 2006 03:36, Frans Pop wrote:

Still "crashes" in the same way. The jump when I move the mouse for
the first time is _a lot_ bigger. Still completely freezes after that
and still only a grey screen with a pointer.

Hmm. Actually, this issue seems unrelated to the touchpad patches. g-i
freezes in the same way on my laptop if I try a daily netinst.

I've narrowed it down to the change from kernel 2.6.17 to 2.6.18.
I guess I'll have to do a git-bisect to find the patch that broke
vesafb or mouse handling for my laptop.

Looks like I'm in luck. I've compiled a custom kernel using latest upstream stable kernel release (2.6.18.5) and g-i booted normally with that. The Debian kernel team is preparing to upload that version, so hopefully this will be resolved some time next week.

Cool, but it would be really interesting digging in what caused the temporary breakage: looking at 2.6.18.5 changelog i saw nothing obvous (to me..).

I suppose this means that Ville's patch for touchpad support via linux_input works correctly, right?

cheers

Attilio