Re: packages in standard-system task

On Thu, Dec 14, 2006 at 09:47:21PM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Thursday 14 December 2006 20:47, Douglas Tutty wrote:
> > Where can I find out what packages the standard-system task would have
> > installed?
> >
> > Or would I have been better to install the standard-system from the
> > installer and then remove anything I don't want later?
>
> Yes, that would have been better.
>
> You can still install it using tasksel after the installation if you pass
> the "--new-install" option.
> Then if you _also_ select the "manually select packages" option you can
> even preview what will be installed.

Thanks Frans and Joey,

This is my poke-around box until Etch is stable so I won't bother about
it for now.  The netinst standard system install only takes about 20
minutes so I think I'll wait in case something changes in Etch between
now and it being stable that would make the system somewhat different
than if I installed RC1 (my current images) and upgraded.

On the other hand, if there wouldn't be any difference at all between
the two, I may as well start getting things downloading now (slow
dial-up) and beat the rush.

In any event, what a great installer you guys made.  Thank you for your
hard work.

Doug.