Re: No prep kernels in daily installer images?

On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 10:37:31AM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 10:56:36PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 09:47:26PM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> > > So, some patience please. Hopefully this will be sorted out by early next
> > > week.
> >
> > Like i said, netbooting is the prefered installation methods for prep boxes,
> > especially powerstack II ones like the one Ulrich or myself has, and the daily
> > build 2.6.18 based images should work just fine.
>
> At Frans' request, I've restored prep support in debian-cd, so with any
> luck at least people will be able to try out prep CD booting. If it's
> fundamentally broken we can always turn it off again like so:
>
> -for subarch in powerpc powerpc64 prep
> +for subarch in powerpc powerpc64

Ok, i will test on both the powerstack II and the IBM 43P-140 i have here. My
guess is that it may work on the IBM PReP and not on the powerstack, from
older experiments. I think Attilio has the same IBM PReP box.

How this works on other PReP systems, like the Bull Estrella, is anyone's
guess, and as said, it will not work on Motorola PowerStack I (the hifi like
boxed powerstack we played with in oldenbourg two years ago), since it needs
the ppcbug zImage, which is not currently supported by mkvmlinuz.

Friendly,

Sven Luther