Re: Boot floppies of RC1 broken for VAIO laptop

(No need to CC me. I read the list!)

On Saturday 02 December 2006 13:03, Rainer Dorsch wrote:
> Is it easy enough to create my own boot/root floppies and throw away
> stuff which I don't need for example (e.g. CD-ROM support)?

Not really as your problem is the boot floppy and that already does not
contain anything that can be dropped. You could try compiling a custom
kernel, but that won't be an easy process either.

Two options:
- if your laptop supports PXE booting (over the network), you can try the
  netboot images; see installation guide for instructions
- install Sarge and upgrade