Re: [directfb-dev] [g-i] Problems with linux_input module and SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad

Holger Wansing schrieb:
On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 15:45:16 +0100 Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:
So, i built a new miniiso [1] which includes Ville's updated patch, which works much better than mine on my laptop. Dear d-i guys, if you have a laptop could you give this iso a try and report how the touchpad works? if it's ok i'll ask Guillem to include Ville's revised patch in debian sources.

This mini.iso doesn't work well here.

1.
On my laptop with synaptics touchpad I can move the mouse very well,
speed an sensitivity are fine.
But I see error messages on the vt1 "Unexpected event from touchpad ..." when I for example tap to select an entry from a list,
let's say the language list, but selecting the entry works.
What is not working are the buttons on the bottom "Screenshot, Back, Continue". No reaction when tapping on them
or when pushing them with the external keys of the touchpad.
The focus is changed though.

2.
On another laptop I have here for some time (with Alps PS2
Glidepoint touchpad) it's completely unusable.
The cursor moves extremely slowly or doesn't move completely (sensitivity problem?) while tapping on the pad and using
the external buttons of the pad works well.

CCing directfb-dev, especially testing on other devices
should be interesting for Attilio and Ville :)

--
Best regards,
  Denis Oliver Kropp