Re: [directfb-dev] [g-i] Problems with linux_input module and SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad

Ville Syrjälä wrote:
On Fri, Nov 24, 2006 at 03:13:06PM +0100, Denis Oliver Kropp wrote:

Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:

i recently did a survey between debian user asking to run an experimental iso image including this patch: most users reported full success, few of them reported excessive tap sensitivity, but no failures ATM.
so i guess this patch should be ok for a wide rage of touchpads.

I did some more testing and I accidentally click in about half of the
land-move-take-off cycles.

Inspired by Attilio's work (thanks) I wanted to improve the driver a little more. I can't live without drag support so I started to add that and then I wanted to slow the cursor down a bit so I tried to add some rudimentary acceleration stuff. The pressure handling was removed but I suppose it could be added back in. I've attached my current code. It feels quite good to me but I'd like to get other people's opinion before I go and mess up the code currently in cvs...

Last night i talked with Guillem Jovier, debian's DirectFB maintainer,
and he said he'll wait some more before uploading new DFB package with
my original patch.
So, i built a new miniiso [1] which includes Ville's updated patch, which works much better than mine on my laptop. Dear d-i guys, if you have a laptop could you give this iso a try and report how the touchpad works? if it's ok i'll ask Guillem to include Ville's revised patch in debian sources.

cheers

Attilio

[1] https://debian.polito.it/downloads/mini_synaptics_ville.iso