WHY?

Why do you go to all of the trouble of writing an operating system and then make it so difficult to install? No GUI? Why? not anything close to easy. or user friendly.

I just do not understand why so many people go to so much trouble to make an operating system, spend hours and hours putting it all together and yet still have Nothing.

For someone like myself that does not care about all of the code, who doesn't care about all the DOS programming, who just want to use a different OS and cannot because you've never made it simple, never made the install automatic.

Look back at the amount of hours all of those who have spent so much time making Debian. All of the heart aches, all of the times that things didn't work out so well and for what? nothing! You still do not have an opertating system that the public can use. You spend hours and weeks and months making something, advertising it and for what?

Do you know how many hours and tries I have done, trying to install, just install it, just to see what all the fuss is about Debian and yet after 2 years, I have yet to see Debian.

I have tried it on everything from a 486 to a 686 and yet have nothing. 4 downloads and still have nothing. I bought 3.0r1 and what do I have? Nothing - the exact same thing you have - nothing!