Re: WHY?

On Sun, Oct 29, 2006 at 03:19:42PM -0500, David wrote:

> Do you know how many hours and tries I have done, trying to install,
> just install it, just to see what all the fuss is about Debian and yet
> after 2 years, I have yet to see Debian.
>
> I have tried it on everything from a 486 to a 686 and yet have
> nothing. 4 downloads and still have nothing. I bought 3.0r1 and what
> do I have? Nothing - the exact same thing you have - nothing!

You mean that in two years and many tries, you still haven't

	READ THE INSTALLATION MANUAL?

I could never get Sarge's installer to work on my hardware.  Woody's
worked great, so did Potato's.

I just did an install on an AMD64 using Etch on a usb-stick hd-media +
netinst.iso.  It did everything almost perfectly in 20 minutes.

Try again.

Doug.