D-I - Official warning not to upload any packages containing udebs

Hello Sven,

Today you have uploaded a D-I package [1] even though you knew (or at
least should have known) that we were in full freeze for Release
Candidate 1 and uploads should not happen without approval from the D-I
Release Manager [2]:
| I have today started the migration of the final udebs for RC1 to
| testing, so that basically means no more changes are possible. Please
| do not upload any new udebs over the next few days.

You even discussed this with Christian on IRC and AFAICT (as the
conversation was in French) he advised you _not_ to upload.

The patch you did the upload for was earlier submitted as an afterthought
in a bug report about an unrelated issue (though affecting the same
package) and that bug report was already closed at the time you added the
new patch.
I reviewed the patch within a few hours and discovered an error in it,
which I told you about [3]. I also requested you to submit the fixed
patch in a new bug report, which you failed to do.

The issue that you fixed was, in my opinion as release manager, not severe
enough to warrant an exception to the freeze for RC1.
The previous issue that was the original subject of the BR (which was RC)
was handled very promptly by myself.

The fact that you are no longer part of the debian-boot team was a
decision taken unanimously by the core developers in the D-I team and was
taken for good reasons. If you had not resigned yourself, you would have
been kicked out of the team shortly afterwards.
I have not seen any significant improvement in your behavior since then.
Instead you have been complaining every step of the way how unfair we
were being and demanding to get your commit access back.

One previous conflict that was certainly a contributing factor to this
whole conflict was you ignoring the advise from both the D-I and the
Debian RMs not to do an upload during the preparations for the Sarge
release.

This is a formal warning that I, as D-I release manager, do not want you
to do any more uploads of packages containing udebs, as you have proven
that you are incapable of respecting the advise of and requests from
Release Managers.

I, or other team members, will continue to look at any bug reports with
patches that you submit and will commit them if there are no objections
or else will inform you why the patch is rejected, possibly with a
request for an improved patch [4].
Please keep any personal comments and complaints out of your bug reports.

I consider your upload today a serious abuse of your upload rights and
will request the Debian Account Managers to revoke that right if you do
another upload of a package containing udebs.
Note that this extends beyond the current freeze period for RC1.

In the mean time, you are banned from #debian-boot as I am tired of your
abuse on that channel.

Frans Pop
Release Manager for Debian Installer

[1]http://packages.qa.debian.org/n/nobootloader/news/20061029T090206Z.html
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2006/10/msg01631.html
[3] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=395259;msg=30
[4] Note that I have not yet looked at #394970, #394971 and #394972 as
    they were submitted during the feature freeze for RC1. They are on my
    ToDo list and I will look at them after the release.