Re: daily images test: two comments (touchpad + preseeding)

On Thursday 19 October 2006 11:30, Holger Wansing wrote:
> - I have a synaptics touchpad (acting as a ps2 device) and it
>   is not working in g-i: mouse pointer is there, but disappears
>   when touchpad is touched.
>   (Although it is detected correctly:
> 	from vt1:
> 	Direct/Thread: Running `Linux Input` (INPUT, 2198)...
> 	DirectFB/Input: SynPS/2 Synaptics Touchpad (3) 0.1
>   and lsmod shows psmouse loaded)
>   Something else I can do here?

Could you try loading the usbmouse kernel module? I doubt it will help in
this case, but you never know...

> - on the vt4 I saw a message
>   "preseed: successfully loaded preseed file from file:///preseed.cfg"
>   Is there a preseed file on the cd? I did nothing else, only
>   booting from the disk.

Yes, there is in daily images. Nothing to worry about, it just makes sure
that udebs are loaded from unstable instead of testing.

Cheers,
FJP