Re: [D-I] Migrating packages for the graphical installer

On Wednesday 18 October 2006 00:02, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
> Errm, I did -3.1 - and have left out the changes from -2 (changing
> packaging of the directfb stuff). It only contains the segfault fix for
> remote display in cases of transformation of data from little to big
> endian.
>
> If the changes from -2 are needed, another upload needs to be made.

Why did you in an NMU leave out changes recently committed by the
maintainer of a package and obviously needed? That seems highly irregular
to me.

I also don't see (at least not from the changelog) what your change
actually accomplished as the 01-cairo_xlib_surface_add_glyph.patch was
already included in -3 by the maintainer.

Anyway, it is not a blocker for the migration as such, but from what I
understand, it will probably make gtk2.0 FTBFS on next uploads.

As you are now, as NMUer, responsible for any regressions introduced by
the NMU, I suggest you consult with the maintainer how to resolve this.