[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Bug#392285: marked as done (partman-crypto: Installs wrong loop-aes module package)

Your message dated Thu, 12 Oct 2006 08:08:43 +0200
with message-id <20061012060843.GC3890@dp.vpn.nusquama.org>
and subject line Bug#392285: partman-crypto: Fails to cause cryptomount to be loaded
has caused the attached Bug report to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what I am
talking about this indicates a serious mail system misconfiguration
somewhere.  Please contact me immediately.)

Debian bug tracking system administrator
(administrator, Debian Bugs database)

--- Begin Message ---
Package: partman-crypto
Severity: normal


I was installing in a VM, and did manual partitioning to try loop-aes.

I had the first partition for / unencrypted, then two partitions, a
random key for swap, and a GPG encrypted key for /home. I used
twofish128 for minimum impact while testing. The install went
fine, until I rebooted.

I was asked for my passphrase, and when I entered it I was told /home
couldn't be mounted. The following message accompanied it.

  LOOP_SET_STATUS: Invalid argument, requested cipher or key length (128
  bits) not supported by kernel.

I googled the error, and found a message written by Max indicating that
another module was needed. I modprobed cryptoloop, and it changed the
error message. So it seems like some magic chould be done to load this
module at boot time.

And now starts what I think is a second bug report, but I am not sure,
please clone if it is indeed.

After adding cryptoloop I get the error message

  LOOP_MULTI_KEY_SETUP_V3: Invalid argument

#318944 suggests this is because a v3 key was used with a v2 module, but
I have a v3 module installed. 

Apologies if I am doing something stupid here, please punish me if I am.

Also I don't know what version I am supposed to put for these, but I am
using the daily image downloaded 8th October, and installed the day
after. I have loop-aes-2.6.16-2-686 3.1d+3+3 installed by the installer.


[P.S. any area you would like me to test while I am playing about with
the installer?]

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 10:22:31PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 October 2006 21:16, Max Vozeler wrote:
> > The problem will
> > exist until we manage to migrate loop-aes modules for 2.6.17-2 to
> > testing (hopefully soon), or until the 2.6.18 kernel becomes the
> > default kernel in testing along with new loop-AES modules.
> I have requested the migration, but it is stuck on a few dependencies from 
> the hppa deps that were apparently built recently:
> </me checks>
> Hmm. Apparently not.
> PTS is telling me: "loop-aes-modules is going in today"

Great; Thank you once mor efor handling it :-)
I did a test install this morning and the correct loop-aes module
package (loop-aes-2.6.17-2-$flavour) is now being installed as it
indeed migrated to testing. Hence closing this bug..


--- End Message ---

Reply to: