Re: PATCH: net-retriever -- restructure to enable use for add-on udebs

Frans Pop wrote:
> 2) Any restructuring like this is unacceptable at this stage of the
>    release process and will not be considered until after the release
>    of Etch. See my mail to d-vote [1] for background.

Actually, this patch is trivial, although the presentation hides that
pretty well. There are 2 new lines of code and a lot of lines of code
shuffled around.

However, there's no point in applying it until there's actually
something that usefully uses it. I don't actually understand how
this patch could lay useful groundwork for anything, but I guess I'll
try to keep an open mind on that score.

> 3) This general approach has not been discussed on the debian-boot list
>    and thus will need review and consideration by the team before we can
>    consider applying patches.

You can say that again. Design first, then code?

--
see shy jo