Re: grub2 on powerpc

Robert Millan <rmh@aybabtu.com> writes:

> This is strange.  I know one of the core grub2 maintainers is using powerpc
> regularly (with code from CVS).

It certainly works--I've used it myself.  But there is so much
duplicated, common, code between the ports, it really is asking for
splitting into separate arch-specific and generic parts, rather than
duplicating the entirety for each port.

> As for tools not in Debian, you mean ofpathname?

Yes.

> Is the grub2 debian package usable at all without ofpathname? (I
> understand that at least grub-install won't work, making d-i support
> impossible).

It's just grub-install that breaks.  Installing by hand works.

Regards,
Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh