Re: Gtk 2.10 (DirectFB) progress report - update

        Hi,

On Thu, Aug 31, 2006, Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:
> i did some testing today compiling gtk+ from CVS HEAD against
> libcairo-directfb2 (1.2.4-1) and libdirectfb-0.9-25 (0.9.25.1-3) and it
> turns out that
> > - a fresher DirectFB than the latest release (0.9.25.1); I hope the
> >   DirectFB maintainer has the time to prepare a snapshot for
> >   experimental as requested in Debian #383238
> this is no longer a problem, as GTK+ >= 2.10.2 selectively excludes from
> compilation all the code that needs DFB >= 0.9.26 to work (minimum
> requirement is now DFB 0.9.24)

 Yes, actually I continued working on Gtk 2.10.0 in our SVN but
 backported the needed delta from Gtk's CVS back then (this was before
 the relevant Gtk release).  This is in pkg-gnome's SVN since 10 days or
 so.

> > - to rebuild the DirectFB flavor of Cairo with --enable-pdf and
> >   --enable-ps as requested in Debian #383297
> still awaiting the patch to be applied, currently GTK+ from HEAD does
> not compile against DFB flavour of cairo from debian packages because of
> lack of PDF and PS support.

 Indeed, I hadn't any new from Dave Beckett either.  Dave, would you
 mind if I NMU libcairo with the proposed changes perhaps to
 experimental if you so prefer?

> > - to rebuild Cairo against the new DirectFB which changes SONAME, I
> >   hope an upload to experimental will be possible once DirectFB is
> >   uploaded but I've not requested that yet
> current cairo-directfb depends from DFB 0.9.25, so i guess this is solved ?

 Correct, this was only required because of the first point.

   Bye,
--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>