Re: mipsel install failure in gxemul-ated decstation

On Sun, Aug 27, 2006 at 08:35:11PM +0200, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Michel Lespinasse <walken@zoy.org> [2006-08-27 06:33]:
> > Any other advice I could use in this situation ?
> I think gxemul has support for Cobalt machines.  Can you try the
> Cobalt image rather than DECstation?

I was not able to figure out how to start the installation on cobalt.

However I noticed today that the issue I hit seems to be identical to
bug #320916 which was filed a year ago. I did not quite understand the
resolution on that one - apparently just waiting a few days for an
autobuilder to pick up a dependancy ????? Maybe the archdetect udeb
should depend on the proper libdebian-installer version ???

Also just as a sanity check I did confirm today that the installation on
decstation works fine if I use the sarge 31r2 image instead. So gxemul
does seem to be useable enough if you have the right image.

Thanks,

--
Michel "Walken" Lespinasse
"Bill Gates is a monocle and a Persian cat away from being the villain