Re: Tests with PPPoE connection

hi,
actually it's a different error that occurs after the 'mv'.
the "mv" fixes one issue.
the other issue has to do with which physical device is actually
connected to the DSL service provider. (usually in my case(s) a bridged
modem/router.)
debconf pollution? Now that's not nice ;-) but sounds right.

the way the install progresses from netcfg to pppconfig is another one
problem. when i do an install over a DSL connection... all i need is
the ppp0 for install purposes...
d-i won't let me proceed that way(or I haven't found it..)

PPPoE-Config-
-pick the physical device(eth0, eth1, ...(if more than 1)
-get username and pass
-bring up the provider pppoe(ppp0)
-(ppp0) fixes the routing(if not user provide the default)
-(ppp0) adds the name servers(if not user provide the name servers)
- PPPoE-Config complete
would work in my case...or something like that...

I will retry an install tonight.. (EDT) and attempt to get a much
better handle on it.

Is there a way to not have the netcfg option... just ether detection?

I had the same issue he(Mr. Colpart) had even after i did the patch
b4 it asked for user name.

I think you may be right the postinst script is picking a non-fatal
error.