Re: Urgent : megaraid and qla2300 modules not found

On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 03:05:35PM +0200, De Leeuw Guy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have 2 days to install debian etch on our production server.
> I download the last daily build of the cdrom (release
> debian-testing-ia64-netinstall.iso 20060815).
> But missing the driver megaraid legacy and qla2300 on the cdrom
>
> It's my last chance to migrate our redhat to debian
>
> could you help me by building a new daily build iso with these 2 modules
> or minimum with the megaraid_legacy ?

I'll fix this for the next build - thanks for reporting it.
In the meantime it might be easiest for you to:

 * grab
 http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian/pool/main/l/linux-2.6.16/linux-image-2.6.16-2-itanium-smp_2.6.16-17_ia64.deb
 * extract the contents somewhere:
    dpkg-deb -x linux-image-2.6.16-2-itanium-smp_2.6.16-17_ia64.deb /tmp/dir
 * Post the modules you need on an http server somewhere
 * Once your network is up, drop to a shell and wget the drivers from
   your server
 * Use insmod/modprobe to load these modules
 * return to the installer

If you have problems, like you don't have access to an http server,
etc, hop on #debian-ia64 & i'll try to help you out.

--
dann frazier