partitions formatting during installation

Hi all,
my name is Franco Vecchiato, I work as system manager at Provincia di
Rovigo in Rovigo, Italy.
I installed Sarge on some servers at work, and I found a missing
characteristic (in my opinion) in Sarge installer by comparison with the
check.

I'm also testing the new Etch installer (beta 2) at home, I downloaded
the last floppy releases from
http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/main/installer-i386/beta2/images/floppy/
but this characteristic is still not available.
I also read the TODO file in the documentation, but I found nothing
about this issue.

It is **very** important, in my opinion, to be able to check bad blocks
during (at least) the first installation of a server.

I think this could be accomplished, in the new Etch installer, with a
little modification in the submenu voice "Format the partition" inside
the "Partition disks" voice: till now the choices were two, format or
keep the data of the partition.
It could only be added the choice "format with bad blocks check", and
these three values could be available by opening a new submenu when
entering the voice "Format the partition" (till now, if you press enter
on that voice you can only change between "format" and "keep existing
data" values, without opening new submenus).
The default choices should remain exactly the same we have now.

Do you think this improvement should be accomplished in the new Etch
installer?

Greetings

Franco Vecchiato