Re: dmraid support to d-i (Was Re: Yaird, grub and d-i should also support dmraid devices.)

(Are you subscribed to the list or do we need to CC you?)

On Sunday 23 July 2006 13:47, Chris Carr wrote:
> Now I'm reinstalling and I see I've missed this activity by many
> months. I am not a programmer and have never built my own installer,
> but I guess it's time to learn and help get this sorted out. Please
> accept my apologies in advance for lots of stupid questions as I learn
> to do it.

No problem. For some questions #debian-boot on irc.debian.org (OFTC) may
be an option. If you don't get an answer there, try the list.

> The biggest problem I had last time around was that after manually
> the initrd image was created without the medley driver and the system
> wouldn't boot!

This can be solved relatively easily now by including the following
command in a script once you are certain the module will be needed:
   register-module -i <module>

See the register-module script from debian-installer-utils package for

You need to call this script before the post-base-installer.d hook scripts
are run (which is in base-installer, between debootstrap and kernel

Good luck,