Re: GTK+ 2.8.18 experimental debs/udebs

On 30/06/06, Attilio Fiandrotti <fiandro@tiscali.it> wrote:
Eddy Petrişor wrote:
> I also added a strace for a regular (no video=ofonly) session at the
> same place.

Note that I ran a session with video=ofonly which also crashed, but I
didn't made a trace.

I looked at both dfb and strace logs and this could be bug #342053 :
have you tried booting with the textual frontend, adding "no-hardware"
to directfbrc and then starting the graphical frontend ?

No I didn't. But this seems rather odd because I had the graphical
installer running on my laptop with old libs. Is there any reason to
expect regressions?

I also remember that on sven's macintosh (which should be similar o
yours),

I think he had an older model, mine is PowerBook5,2, iirc, his was
PowerBook4,6 or something like that. Sven?

back at extremadura, we had to boot textua, run gtk-demo, close
gtk-demo, and then run the graphical installer as we were experiencing a
system crash very similar to the one you described.
Could you try this latest trick too ?

I will tonight, but I fear there is something else here...

Sven, could you try the image I made[1] and see if is working for you?

[1] http://eddyp.homelinux.net:8080/eddy/g-i/gtk2.8-ppc/iso/miniiso2.8.18-powerpc/20060629mini.iso

--
Regards,
EddyP