Bug#352914: yaboot-installer tries to search for apple partitions on ibm rs6k/pseries hardware
- To: @murphy.debian.org, Nölle@murphy.debian.org, Christian <Noelle@wiwi.uni-wuppertal.de>, email@example.com
- Cc: Colin Watson <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Sven Luther <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, Sven Luther <email@example.com>, "Arendt, Volker" <Arendt@wiwi.uni-wuppertal.de>
- Subject: Bug#352914: yaboot-installer tries to search for apple partitions on ibm rs6k/pseries hardware
- From: Sven Luther <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 19:21:38 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20060628172138.GA20668@powerlinux.fr>
- Reply-to: Sven Luther <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <[🔎] 7160406A0E49C749B2A0BD5B4737BAAE8FAA7F@wwthor.fb6.uni-wuppertal.de>
- References: <[🔎] 7160406A0E49C749B2A0BD5B4737BAAE8FAA7F@wwthor.fb6.uni-wuppertal.de>
On Wed, Jun 28, 2006 at 05:13:43PM +0200, =?UTF-8?Q? N=C3=B6lle,?= Christian wrote:
> Colin Watson wrote:
> > Judging from your description earlier in this bug, this is entirely
> > unconnected to partman-prep or yaboot-installer; you say it's
> > happening
> > right at the start of the installer, long before partman starts.
> Yes, sorry for that, maybe I should have filed another bugreport for this one.
> > Could you clarify that when you boot using expert64, you don't even
> > see
> > the installer main menu, but that it just goes straight into the
> > language selector without giving you any opportunity for interaction?
> Yes, that is the case. System is booting up fine, entering the installer and
> autoselecting the first step in the d-i menu. And so forth, as described.
Have you tried it on something else than apple hardware ?
yaboot-installer also fails on ibm js21 blades and other power5 boxes.