Re: Solution for module problem

On Sat, Jun 24, 2006 at 08:21:53PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Saturday 24 June 2006 19:53, Bastian Blank wrote:
> > Disadvantages:
>
> Another potential disadvantage could be that one binary forces all users
> that need/want only one (related set) of those modules to install all of
> them.
> I guess that how much of a problem this is depends on what modules will be
> included in the binary and to what extend they will be autoloaded (by
> udev for example).

This could be solved by providing separate binary packages in the future, but
for now it is not really needed. It is better to go forward, than to discuss
the best solution and not do anything in the end.

For your information, i also favour the generation of one binary module .deb
(and .udeb if needed) per module.

Friendly,

Sven Luther