Re: Solution for module problem

On Sat, Jun 24, 2006 at 07:53:44PM +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> I got another request to at least partially fix the modules mess. D-I
> needs at least one of them for there kernel builds.
>
> The current situation should be clear.
> - It needs manual uploads for each source which builds binary modules.
>   As the maintainer is not the kernel team, this may need some time.
> - Clutters the archive with many packages.
>
> Sven Luther proposed to integrate this packages into the kernel team but
> don't propose a fix for the other problems.

Well, i would have voted for one package per module, but hey, let's get moving
on this.

> So I propose another solution which will fix both the problems.
> - One source package (linux-modules-extra-2.6).
> - Produces currently _one_ binary package per kernel flavour.

I propose that we add this package in the svn repo, and start adding those
modules whose maintainers are interested, and when we have a core, we announce
that this will be the only supported modules in etch.

Friendly,

Sven Luther