Re: [g-i] new screenshots available

On 6/23/06, Davide Viti <zinosat@tiscali.it> wrote:
> Bengali [2] doesn't look 100% okay. Conjuncts are not rendering properly.

we use freefont to display Bengali; quite a few Indic languages are now supported
from freefont now.

Yes, freefont has Bengali support. You sent us these [2], [3], [4]
screenshots using freefonts [8] - which had no rendering problems at
all.

Currently I am using it [9] in Dapper - no rendering problem.

Which version are you using?

We used Mukti in the past and also had positive feedback with freefont; if you think
using Mukti would be more appropriate we could strip Bengali glyphs from freefont
and switch back to Mukti.

Previous shots of MuktiNarrow [5], [6], [7] was fine. I think
MuktiNarrow *should* be used. :)

Best,
`Jamil

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/GUIFonts