Can libdebian-installer be unblocked from entering testing?

Hi,
I'm trying to see if the newt transition could be done. I didn't see blockers yet. cdebconf needs to go in with this transition, which means libdebian-installer has to go in too. I'd like somebody to (approve/explain issues with) unblocking libdebian-installer and cdebconf, so that I can later suggest a newt transition to d-release if this is approved.

Thanks for your critical contribution, and sorry if that mail is found superfluous.