Re: [directfb-dev] [g-i] Graphical installer and PPC systems

Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:
Hi

Reading reports about the PPC version of the g-i, it came to my mind an old, yet unsolved, bug [1] that caused crashes on PPC boxes with some particular grapic cards installed. No one ever investigated deeply enough to state if that was related to DFB 0.9.22 or to the DFB backend contained in GTKDFB 2.0.9 as, AFAIK, no one ever tried to run a recent DFB backend togheter with DFB >=0.9.24 on a PPC box. As some PPC users may experience annoying crashes, i suggest to disable DFB's hardware acceleration by default, at least until we switch to a newer stack of GTKDFB+Cairo+DFB libraries.

IIRC it was the Matrox driver or the ATI Rage128, which has been
reworked since 0.9.24.

--
Best regards,
  Denis Oliver Kropp