Re: end up with black screen and non-functional keyboard.

On Apr 19, 2006, at 12:04 PM, Frans Pop wrote:

On Wednesday 19 April 2006 10:56, Geert Stappers wrote:
I do feel simpathy for Ales Dolecek and all other users that
end up with black screen and non-functional keyboard.

So do I.

And so do I. Moreover, Frans' reply was just plain rude. He may have lost a Debian user as a result.

For d-i, we already have insufficient manpower to deal with real d-i
related issues and reports to also take on the responsibility for X
installation.

That's not a reason to take it out on a hapless user who was trying to offer a bug report on a problem they encountered.

The solution to insufficient person power is to recruit more developers. Developers start out as users, just like everybody else. Chasing away users who are trying to be helpful is the exact opposite of recruiting.

Rick