Re: Bug#359062: debian-installer: bterm is not (yet) accessible for brltty
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Bug#359062: debian-installer: bterm is not (yet) accessible for brltty
- From: Samuel Thibault <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 22:06:01 +0200
- Message-id: <20060328200601.GG4660@bouh.residence.ens-lyon.fr>
- Mail-followup-to: Samuel Thibault <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <20060328194900.GB3480@kitenet.net>
- References: <20060326112528.GA9532@implementation.residence.ens-lyon.fr> <20060327204458.GC13158@kitenet.net> <20060327205259.GH5157@bouh.residence.ens-lyon.fr> <20060327212647.GA16373@kitenet.net> <20060327213951.GK5157@bouh.residence.ens-lyon.fr> <20060327220409.GC16373@kitenet.net> <20060327221323.GV5157@bouh.residence.ens-lyon.fr> <20060328194900.GB3480@kitenet.net>
Joey Hess, le Tue 28 Mar 2006 14:49:00 -0500, a écrit :
> Samuel Thibault wrote:
> > I'm not saying that. I'm seeing that debian-installer uses bterm by
> > default now.
> d-i uses bterm, or writes raw data to a serial port, or to the console,
> or it uses GTK. d-i is frontend independant and it would be trivial to
> make it dump well-formatted text to bterm, which is what I've been
> trying to say.
Well, I'm afraid we won't manage to understand ourselves :)
I know that d-i is flexible, etc. But dumb-Joe user just wants to boot
the cd he grabbed from debian.org and get it working without having to
care about preseeding for choosing the frontend etc.
And it happens that for now, the default frontend is the newt frontend
(which is fine) in bterm (which is not yet accessible to blind
users). So a bterm-accessibility solution needs to be found, so that
dumb-Bob _blind_ user won't either have to tinker anything and yet be
able to install debian by himself.