Re: Bug#359062: debian-installer: bterm is not (yet) accessible for brltty
- To: Joey Hess <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Bug#359062: debian-installer: bterm is not (yet) accessible for brltty
- From: Samuel Thibault <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 23:39:51 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20060327213951.GK5157@bouh.residence.ens-lyon.fr>
- Mail-followup-to: Samuel Thibault <email@example.com>, Joey Hess <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <[🔎] 20060327212647.GA16373@kitenet.net>
- References: <[🔎] 20060326112528.GA9532@implementation.residence.ens-lyon.fr> <[🔎] 20060327204458.GC13158@kitenet.net> <[🔎] 20060327205259.GH5157@bouh.residence.ens-lyon.fr> <[🔎] 20060327212647.GA16373@kitenet.net>
Joey Hess, le Mon 27 Mar 2006 16:26:48 -0500, a écrit :
> Samuel Thibault wrote:
> > Mmm, you're missing the point: we would rather have brltty-udeb included
> > in official CDs for letting blind people just boot the official CD
> > and install debian. And there's no reason why asian blind people (for
> > instance) shouldn't be able to install debian, so brltty needs to access
> > bterm's display somehow.
> No, I'm not missing your point. I'm trying to achieve what's achievable
> now, instead of filing a bug report on the wrong package
Brltty-udeb is not necessarily the right package either. Since this
concerns installation, I wanted to get debian-boot in the discussion,
that's why the first assignment on debian-installer. If the bug had to
be assigned to another package, that would rather be bogl...
> and letting it rot there indefinitely.
? This was submitted yesterday.
> There's also no necessary connection that I can see between bterms's
> display of asian characters in an utf-8 font and brltty. The installer
> is not dependent on bterm to emit asian characters, all bterm provides
> is a way to display said characters at the linux console.
And brltty needs a way to get these asian characters, hence it needs to
peek it from bterm.