Re: x86, linux26 not detecting RAID controller (but 2.4 kernel does)

--- Geert Stappers <stappers@stappers.nl> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 17, 2006 at 09:57:39AM -0800, John M. Gabriele wrote:
> > --- Geert Stappers <stappers@debian.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > Please provide the PCI ID of the card we are talking about.
> > >
> > After I enter the D-I, I can go to another virtual console,
> > but I don't seem to have the 'lspci' command available. How
> > else can I find this ID you're asking about?
>
> Recent versions of D-I do have the lspci command include.
> Get one by following the URL that Frans Pop provided in another E-mail.

Frans recommended the Etch Beta 2 CD.

This is a production server, and I'd really like to stick with
Debian Stable (Sarge) for this machine.

Looks like the easiest way for me to deal with this right now is
to just install using the 2.4, then apt-get the most current stable
2.6 kernel (for this architecture) after the install is done.

---John