Re: boot problem on laptop compaq presario 2115EU

Quoting marcoux.olivier (marcoux.olivier@laposte.net):
> Hi,
>
>      The installation of the 3.1r1 froze on keyboard select
> with my presario 2115EU laptop : Nothing respond on the
> keyboard even Ctrl-Alt-Suppr. Has anyone already experienced
> this kind of problem and found a solution ?
> Thank you very much,

Have you tried the images available from
http://www.debian.org/debian/debian-installer

These are the development images of D-I. Using them to install the
stable version of Debian is IIRC possible if you boot with "linux26
mirror/suite=stable"...but recent reports have shown us that this is
not guaranteed to work.

Another option is trying to boot the installer with:

linux debian-installer/probe/usb=false

This could solve the "hang" you described as it can be due to USB
probing for a USB keyboard.