Re: [g-i] Arabic / Persian fonts

Hi,

> Why waste time to do an analisys which proves useless if I can
choose
> which font should provide which ranges? I never chose that some font
> should _not_ provide range X!

I think the problem is that it took such a long time having such an
inventory, which IMO can be used both for the backword and the other
way approaches: at least you get the complete picture.

What honestly I do not understand about your way of approaching to the
problems is that, without having a clear picture of the problem you
ask people to try all the possible combinations (2.0.9, 2.8.10, X)
without realizing that it takes alot of time / effort which could be
spent following a precise direction.
The key to spotting the "cut aleph" problem was finding a picture with
the evidence of the problem and I never saw you asking about that (and
I mean insist for having it).
don't think we're wasting time; we're experiencing with fonts (I'm a
total
newbie on the subject) and collecting data that can be useful.

> The approach you are suggesting is backwards and I feel you are
wasting effort.

Looking foreward to seeing your solution: I'd love to see fonts 100%
fixed
and push for some other aspect of g-i, truly.

Don't forget there's a wiki which explains how to build most of the
environments needed to perform the tests yourself; if you have
problems I can provide support.

There's also a very useful application provided by Attilio that can be
used to evaluate fonts and to see how they work together and I don't
even think you ever considedered evaluating it.

Ciao,
Davide

Tiscali ADSL 4 Mega Flat
Naviga senza limiti con l'unica Adsl a 4 Mega di velocità a soli 19,95 € al mese!
Attivala subito e hai GRATIS 2 MESI e l'ATTIVAZIONE.
http://abbonati.tiscali.it/adsl/sa/4flat_tc/