Re: [g-i] Arabic / Persian fonts

On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 09:50:08PM +0100,  wrote:
> I meant to ask this a while back: is there a way, given a font file,
> to find out the list of glyphs (unicode coordinates) inside it
> (without having to find out "by hand")?

After looking at [1] I tried "showttf" [2] which seems to give alot of
infos (too much actually) about a given ttf file. I compiled it and the binary
can be grabbed from [3]; if you want to recompile it yourself just run this:

 gcc -o showttf showttf.c

I then tried it on nazli.ttf this way:
./showttf nazli.ttf | grep "^Glyph" | awk '{print $7}' | sort

Now it should be easy to find out duplicates

Davide

[1] http://fontforge.sourceforge.net/#tools
[2] http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/fontforge/fontforge/fonttools/showttf.c
[3] http://www.webalice.it/zinosat/showttf